Sunday, November 4, 2007

Marisqueria Dios Proveera


good sunday, went to church came home and cooked breakfast with benny and then a great nap. Then cleaned the room, cleaned the bike and then, of course got online, but today I found a great new hobby, one that makes me poorer than i am but makes me smile a little more. It is called kiva.org and it is a way for people to loan money to businesses in developing countries, not corporations or anything like that but people that need a little push. so today i made my first loan that will be payed back when the business gets going, and after some reading and browsing i decided to put it to use with Nelly Rivera from Guayaquil Ecuador, and she sells fish, and what sold me was the name of her business "Marisqueria Dios Proveera", which for my not spanish speaking friends means "God will Provide", so i was sold and i am looking forward to see her succeed. Something cool about this Kiva.org deal is once people pay you back you can put it right back to work with someone else. What a good sunday.

No comments: